OUR PLEDGE OF CHARACTER
“My name is my legacy. My character is the foundation of my integrity. I am dedicated to doing the right thing even when I think no one is watching. I am Unwavering. I am Consistent, Steadfast, Fixed and Unmovable! I am relentless in my pursuit of excellence. Though, I am young, I am still powerful. My opinion matters and my voice will be heard! I will use my influence to be a positive role model within my family, school and community. By serving others, I understand that I am exercising my greatest gift, the ability to show compassion.”
Indy Urban Youth values and nurtures the ability of all children. We are dedicated to creating an inclusive and expressive outlet that enables students to make connections by exploring the relationships between music and disciplines outside of the arts.
OUR CORE VALUES
· To foster leadership and a sense of accomplishment through artistic activities and performances.
· To develop teamwork and an appreciation of the arts for performers, parents/guardians, and audience members.
· To promote diversity within the lives of children
· To pursue excellence by providing a quality music education for performers.
Junior Division: 8 years - 12 years
Teen Division: 13 years - 19 years
Early College: 18 years - 20 years
(Our Early College division is geared towards Seniors in High School who seek to be an Arts Major
or registered College Freshmen and Sophomore Arts Majors)
IUYC conducts sessions weekly on Saturdays from 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM.
- Schedule varies during performance season, a schedule will be provided to parents/guardians at the first rehearsal. Any changes to schedules will be given to parents 30 - 45 days in advance.